Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Amelie's 1st Birthday

Today is our baby girl Amelie's first birthday. What a fun year this has been. I remember my mom telling me that it takes about 3 months for a couple to adjust to having a new baby and I'll have to agree with that. The first couple weeks just felt ridiculous. I had a spinal headache, severe shoulder and back pain, a sinus infection, healing from the c-section, us both learning to breast feed. But I remember feeling dutiful and very thankful for our health. It might have taken me a few weeks to feel a strong bond with her, but now I feel naked if she's not with me (somedays I might describe that feeling as "free".)
It has been so fun watching her change, learn, and grow this first year from her first chubby cheeked smile, to her plowing along with her doggie push toy. We are very blessed to have such a HAPPY baby!
I'm going to add a few pictures from her birthday party a few days ago. I made a sour cream vanilla 16" heart cake covered in swirl roses for our guests. It ended up weighing 20 pounds! Amelie had a some what healthy, low(er) in sugar blueberry, banana cake that I covered in cream cheese frosting. I'm not too proud of the addition of the pink frosting because of the food coloring, but it was such a small amount.
I pray for another wonderful year to bless our sweet, precious girl!









Vanilla sour cream cake. Swirl roses made with the Wilton 1M tip. In case you didn't know, this is how you can cover a cake with the least amount of effort and still have it look fabulous. I panicked when it came to the letters but I didn't chicken out. I still need a bit of practice in that area. I made the hearts out of royal icing ahead of time.






This dress came from a 1950's party dress pattern that I found on etsy. I sent it and some fabric to my sister Bev in Georgia and she sewed it for us. The pattern came without instructions and she just figured it out on her own. Didn't it turn out so cute?



The sweets table.

Some cake smashing pics.....










I guess she is kind of a neat eater.

Some decor.....








Some birthday party fun.....








Thank you for reading my first blog post! I'm sure quite a few of these will be about Amelie ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment