Friday, June 21, 2013

Rustic frosting

Lately I've been seeing a lot of cakes with "rustic frosting."  I kind of like this idea.  What it really means is not having to spend precious minutes of your time obsessing over perfectly smooth cake sides which also allows for more decorating time.  Although I have a hard time letting it go because the feeling to make it look "pretty" is still there. I made this simple cake for another birthday at the dentist office that my aunt and mother-in-law work at.


rustic frosting technique.





Below is a cake that I did not create.  You can find the source at this site. But it shows the easy swirl technique.


If you google the term "rustic frosting" you'll see a few different styles.  Using an icing spatula and creating swirls and swoops or lines dragged up the side of the cake is as easy as it gets. Try an easy "rustic frosting" technique on your next cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment